Monday, June 29, 2009

Lately...


We've been trying to stay cool and also have fun this summer. It's hard to want to be outdoors with 90 degree heat plus humidity that doesn't sink lower than 60%. However, I do NOT have dry skin... it's awesome. As soon as Ben cleans out the garage, our car will be back in a cool environment, and going somewhere in a car won't be so hard to do either :)

Here are some random pictures since I last posted.

This is Grant at our awesome pool. I am not posted any of the other pictures for personal reasons :)
There are these 3 "Ol Faithful" type fountain things (lol) that he is obsessed with. Watching him at the pool takes a lot of effort. Notice the other moms in the picture just lounging around? Yeah- we can't do that... he runs and runs and wants to touch EVERYTHING there is to touch in the pool. It's a full time hands on job watching this kid. PLUS- he has poor balance in the pool, and though he loves the water, he is still a little freaked out when his face goes under.

Ah- Grant. What do I even say about this picture? Well, he has this new fascination with "helping with the laundry." This actually consists of him "trying on" my shirts. I'll help him put them on (cause, ya know- what's a mom for?), and then he worms his way into THIS position. So- here is our little "Greek Grant" and his TOGA, and that KILLER smile of his- AWESOME.

I thought I would try my hand at being a HOME MAKER. My first attempt at making bread, it ended up like this:


So- I didn't think I would be doing any sort of "hard baking" any time soon. Well, we got neighbors for the first time since we've lived here (we live in a duplex... all alone!), and I thought I would be nice and bake them some of Louise's yummy Braided Bread (notice the cook book in the background?) I guess these pictures speak for themselves.
I though it would be a good idea to add apples to one of them. And indeed, it was a GOOD IDEA! haha I cooked the apples in a tiny bit of water and brown sugar, then added them to the mix right before I braided it.
Alright, and here is the final products. Can you tell which one I did first? And which one I did last? Good thing Ben was here to help tell me what not to do. Thanks Louise!

Here's a day-in-the-life video we made recently.
Just a little window int0 Grant's growing personality. Enjoy!


7 comments:

AubreyB said...

I would love that braided bread recipe if it's one you share...it looks delicious!

Jon said...

Oh my gosh Rochelle, I laughed so hard when I read the caption to the brick picture. Awesome

Jamie said...

cute video...he just gets cuter and cuter!

Leah said...

Wow! You guys must have central air at your place. Lucky. Otherwise how could you possibly stand to bake while you are prego??? Looks SO GOOD! Good work! I don't think I've ever attempted that recipe. Way too complicated. I'm impressed.

And that is such a cute video of Grant! He is getting so big! I really can't call him Baby Grant any more. I LOVE HIM!!!

The Young's said...

I think Mattson wants to come and visit...and play with his toys! :) Cute! :)

Candice said...

I don't think I could make anything like it! Look at you little Suzzie Homemaker :)

DoubleDee said...

Grant is so much fun!