Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm 12 again

Sometimes I feel just like that... 12 again.

With no particular details, I hate feeling left out. Some days I feel like I am perfectly happy here, then other days I wish I had my friends from college here with me. I miss having a best friend. Someone to call to do anything with. Now that I don't have that (did I ever, really?), I feel like the girl with glasses and pants too short that no one wants to hang out with when I ask anyone to do anything.

On a brighter note, Henry likes to give me hugs on his own now. Grant is getting so smart and his vocabulary and word choice & arrangement (is that what I mean to say) is pretty amazing. Now- if they'll just calm down a little, I might begin to think about when we want to have another child (a year? two?), until then- I'm grateful I have a very part time job so that I'm able to get away and talk to adults (and junior high kids... is that better than a 2 & 4 yr old?) and make some grocery money. 


8 comments:

Ashley said...

You had me in college and I understand what your going through..sucks growing up huh?? Remember those polygamy dates? So much fun :))

The Fallon Schank's said...

Hey, I'll always be your friend!
FDAD :)

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Do boys ever calm down? Now that Marshall is one people start asking when the next one is coming. I'm like wow, can't think about that yet! hahaha

Wray Sist3rs said...

You should move to Denver! We can hang out everyday just like in college, Although we might get into too much trouble ;)

Hilary said...

I understand totally! Well, we are looking into Doctorate programs right now and Indiana is on the list of potentials... and I thought of you! Anyways, I will let you know if anything comes of it, Russ changes his mind all the time, but who knows, it could be good!

Anonymous said...

I understand that feeling and I am so sorry. I would come play with you if we lived closer :)

Jamie said...

Dear Rochelle, i love you! and I miss you. Love, Jamie

leannewitney said...

Welcome to my whole life. BUT, I've finally realized that it is more important for me to have a few choice, amazing and invaluable friends than a lot to hang out with. I'd rather hang out one on one anyways.

I miss you. and love you lots.