Sunday, December 2, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!








Friday night, we (I) gave birth to a baby boy! We are so excited! His name is Grant Thompson Mathews, and he's just the cutest thing! He looks a lot like Ben, but has the Worthen weight and head size (thank heaven!). He was 5 lbs 15 oz and 18 inches long. The delivery was kind of crazy-- we had been told that his head was coming down, but for some reason, I wasn't very dialated. Turns out- his but was coming down the birth canal, not his head! Within about 10 min, the decision was made to deliver him butt first... ow. It was a little painful!

The following morning, I woke up with awful pains in my side and back again. I was a tad confused, because I had already given birth... why was I having the same pains that I had had while delivering Grant? Well, guess who has a HUGE kidney stone??!! ME!! So- while Grant stayed in Rexburg, Ben and I were loaded into an ambulance and transfered to the Idaho Falls hospital... sweet! They pushed the stone back into my kidney and they are going to blast it to peices this next Thursday! So that's the story... a bit crazy- but hey- we now have a son! Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

Emily said...

yikes! kidney stone + labor! thats crazy. i love the pictures!

Unknown said...

Handsome, just like his dad! What a head of hair! I'm sooo jealous!

Good job! Keep up the good work! I hope that my little Rochelle is not feeling too uncomfortable with the double whammy. Thanks for the fine grandson!

Leah said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't even know about the kidney stone! You poor thing!!!

He is so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, soooooooooo cute. I can't wait for more pictures!