Monday, September 22, 2008

Issues Facing Our World Today

Ben and I were watching a show that mentioned that Brad Pitt has recently donated $100,000 to help FIGHT California's Proposition 8, banning gay marriage.  I decided to do some research, of course! and found this article.  I am not a California resident, and neither is Ben, BUT I know that this is an issue that will eventually start making it's way into every state of this nation.  Back to the article.  It brought up a few things that really disturb me.

1) Marriage has NOT and should NOT be defined by government.  It was defined by GOD, and that is the way it will always be (regardless of what any government will decide), and it is SO important to keep it that way (if we have a say in it). 

2) The article says, "Brad Pitt, who once said he won't get married until the right extends to everyone..."  Pardon me?  Since when has marriage been a RIGHT!?  It is NOT a right, but rather a privilege that is granted when a MAN and a WOMAN are ready to enter such a sacred union.  Here is part of what is wrong with same-sex marriage!!  People want the same RIGHTS as everyone else.  That's not how it should be looked at, again, because marriage should not be looked at as a right.  

3) Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are NOT married!!  Yet, they continue to bring children into their "relationship" (be it by adoption, or even their own).  I don't know if I need to say anything more. 

As a result of this little part of research, I have decided to post some links that should take you to some good reading.
THE END

2 comments:

Jordon and Wendi said...

Amen to that! Thanks for being wiling to speak up and declare what you believe!

J and L said...

Well put! Hey, you might find this interesting. This is another friend of mine and I liked the way she laid Prop. 8 out...
http://thelifeofjilldabo.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-if-prop-8-fails.html
And ditto to the comment above. We all should be speaking out about this!