Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dinner

Making dinner in this house seems to be something I'm not very good at. You can add that to my list! I found this pretty simple dinner that I'd share and tell you what I did to make it better! 

The recipe is called Chicken Enchilada Puffs and I found it on a blog called TidyMom. 
The recipe calls for 6 ingredients:
1 package jumbo crescent rolls 
3 oz cream cheese 
1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese 
3/4 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded) 
1/3 cup enchilada or taco sauce 
2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix 
1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling 

What I did to make it better (or a tad bit healthier) and CHEAPER 
(meaning- STORE BRANDS BABY!) was this: 
-Less/reduced fat rolls 
-3 oz Neufchatel 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese 
-2 chicken breast cutlets- so hardly any chicken 
-I forgot to add the cheese till the end, so YEAH! No cheese fat in ours and it worked out just fine! 
-AND I added an entire package of Kroger (store brand) Mexican Style Frozen Vegetables. 
**These frozen veggie mixes are now my favorite thing to cook with. I know that there is nothing like FRESH veggies- but the fact that these are the kind of veggies one would put in a Mexican dish is AWESOME! They also have Italian Style, Asian Style, Stir Fry, and MORE! I'm so excited. 

This dinner was awesome and because I added the veggies, it made it so I now have left over mix in my fridge for a taco or something tomorrow. So simple. So yummy. Grant LOVED it and Henry- well- he picked at the bread. 
I don't know what to feed him............................ 
MAKE IT!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

that looks good! i might just have to try it.