Sunday, October 30, 2011

Henry Ford Overload

A couple weeks ago, I met my mom in Michigan and we went to the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. I love this place- I have a lot of childhood memories from when I was younger, so it's really awesome to take my kids there now. Here are some photos from the trip. Enjoy :)

There was a "Wizard of Oz" exhibit in the museum- this was a part of the Kansas part of it.

I'm sad Ben hasn't been here yet, because there is SO MUCH about planes!

"My bologna has a first name..." This particular wiener mobile is from 1952- my mom says that's a good year... :)

More at the OZ exhibit.


A REAL LIFE turn table. Grant loved the train yard... weird... I know. 

Waiting in line for the wicked old carousel.

Old glass... cool.

I love two things about this picture- 1: the spinning wheel and 2: the way the window is propped open. Pretty awesome.

This is the OLDEST windmill in the United States.

The boys.

And what a great way to end the day - going back to the Oz Exhibit and watching a little bit of the movie in this awesome red arm chair.
We LOVE this place and you should check it out too!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Love this post. Love your photos. Love your face.

Anne said...

I was looking at your blog with Maddilyn and she saw picture of Henry and said "Maddi pretty." Apparently Henry looks just look her and he is very pretty. Ha ha!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Neat photographs! (FD Dad took us there when we were teens. I'd say it has changed a bit!)

jennai said...

The photos are so nice and the article is awesome thanks for sharing