Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Born aka Grant

I knew that as soon as I started reading Nicki's blog, that I would be tagged... so- here's some information on my pregnancy and delivery with Grant. It's a crazy story- so if you want all details, just call!!







1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes... kinda. We were planning on waiting, but because my birth control was making me really sick, we decided to get off and start a family.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Very excited. Fear didn't really set in until AFTER the delivery.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Not a chance.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23. (Almost- 22 when we got pregnant, but I turned 23 less than a month later.)

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had taken a few tests, but non were very clear. The night before Easter Sunday, we went to the Macey's across from Cherilyn's. When I got up to pee (of course) at 4 am on Easter, the test was positive!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I don't remember- I guess Ben, because he was with me. But I think I told Jacki Gronau and Andrea. I figured they wouldn't spill the beans.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope! So we didn't find out. And we told people that if they were going to look at the ulrasound dvd, that they were NOT allowed to guess in front of us!

9. DUE DATE? This is weird. Origianlly, Dec 12, 2007. But at our first apointment, they said we were due a week after that0 Dec 19, 2007.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? At about 6 weeks, and then until 5 and a half months. It was pretty bad, but oh well... that's what happens when you want a family!

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? For more than the first half of the pregnancy, it was more what I DIDN'T want. I don't really remember craving things. I think it's an exuse women use to actually eat something all the time!

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Other pregnant women. OH MY GOSH! I was living in Idaho where everyone else was pregnant, and it was strange. I hated being a statistic.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Not exactly... I was kinda wanting a girl- but how could you ever be disapointed with what God gives you?

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? From pre-pregnancy weight, about 20-25 pounds... still trying to loose them!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Nope... but awesome that they only people who came were the ones from out of state... and three others(2 of whom thew the shower!) I felt really bad for Jamie.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I got really dehydrated towards the beginning and needed an IV for a weekend, but nothing too serious... until the delivery happened.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Madison Memorial Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I went to the hospital around 1pm because I was having a lot of random contractions, and I had pain that I couldn't handle. 3 hours later the doctor broke my water (I don't know why because all the nurses said I was not in real labor), and 5 hours later, Grant came out butt first! (Aren't we glad that the doctor broke my water now?)

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Ben. We were on our way to the distribution center, and we turned that car right around and headed to the hospital instead.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ben, the doctor, and a ton of nurses who kept coming in and out because some were never told that the c-section was called off... NO MODESTY! YEAH.. haha

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Nope. My blood preasure was too high, plus I didn't really want one- but I don't remember the pain. I would go through it again tomorrow (if I didn't have to have the kidney stones ever again)

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 5lbs 15oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? Nov 30, 2007

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Grant Thompson Mathews (nice eh?)

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 6 months on Friday (2 days)

OK- I tag Leah and Maggie (or anyone else that has a child and would like to post this!)

1 comment:

Cariann said...

So I was reading through the part about that bugged you the most and I totally agree. I hate that it isn't anything special that I am having a baby just because everyone else is having on too.