Sunday, October 31, 2010

(part two)

Here is the second part of the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village post.  If you didn't see that previous post, make sure you check it out below.

The second day of our trip we spent it in the Museum. I felt so bad that Ben wasn't able to be there. Everything we would see would make me stop, take a picture and then send it to Ben. Here are a few pics from our fun filled day. 

This plane is cool. Henry Ford was trying to make 'model t' planes that everyone could buy. I guess that idea didn't take off as well as the cars.

"It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. 
But you'll look sweet, upon the seat of a bicycle built for...
10?"

OH.MAN... TRAINS!!!!!
  Grant loved them. (so did I) 
They have the COOLEST stuff here.

Look closely. 
I was so confused when I saw this for the first time. But it's a replica (made with pieces from the original) of the first passenger train in the United States (or the first in New York or something). But it's a carriage on tracks! So cool.

 "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Myer Wiener!!"

 What's up!?

 The Museum is in the most beautiful building. I could LIVE in this hallway. It's so pretty.
We had an amazing time. I love this place and I can't wait to go back. We saw SO MUCH more than what I posted. They have the chair that Lincoln was shot in (complete with blood! ew), also the car that Kennedy was shot in, they have Model T's driving around the village, lots of other really neat stuff. 

 This is from last week. We bought a swing and put it on one of our trees in the backyard. The boys both LOVE it! This picture is cute. I sent ALL the boys out to rake the leaves while I got some work done inside, and when I went to check on them, this is what I found :) I love my family. This is such a sweet picture. Ben is such an amazing father- and our children love him so much- as do I. Hope you like our pictures!

No comments: